Warning: Use of undefined constant http - assumed 'http' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/scohaw4/becomeanxraytechnician.com/wp-content/plugins/https-switcher/https-switcher.php on line 25
Warning: Use of undefined constant https - assumed 'https' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/scohaw4/becomeanxraytechnician.com/wp-content/plugins/https-switcher/https-switcher.php on line 26
Do you want to become an X-Ray Technician? Or, perhaps you’ve already started on your career path. In either case, you may need some support to help guide you along the way. Radiology is a growing field, and many bloggers are on board to help you through school, job search, and climbing the career ladder.
Along the way, you also need to stay on top of news specific to your industry. All this and more are included in the list below. The list is divided into categories, and the links within those categories are listed in alphabetical order. This method shows that we do not favor one resource over another.
- American College of Radiology Blog: Students can find a place to explore ideas and exchange information with this blog.
- Philips Healthcare: Learn more about radiology, physiology, and more from the technology company Philips Medical Systems.
- Indulge in the fascinating world of: Radiology and Nuclear Medicine: Two Hungarian medical students focus on radiology and nuclear medicine.
- Learning Radiology: Grab a case study for the week and learn more about how radiology works.
- Mountain Imaging: Dustin relays information about what it’s like to be an X-Ray Tech student in Arizona.
- Rad Files: This is another blog that offers clinical case studies. You’re invited to talk about the cases in the comments.
- Radiology 101: Hariette, a Registered Radiologic Technologist, shares her information and tools to help students learn how to protect themselves in an occupation where workers are exposed to radiation.
- The Student Radiographer: Follow a London student’s studies and learning experiences in this blog.
Job Searches and Careers
- Brad Karsh: Brad Karsh is president and founder of JobBound, a company dedicated to helping students and professionals get a great job and exceed in the workplace.
- Julie Irving: Here’s a blog for you if you’re seeking a job. Julie is an owner/recruiter for radiology staffing, direct hire and temporary placements.
- RadGirl Radiology Blog: If you want to enter a radiology career, you might want to visit a few blogs written by those in the field. This one is great for obtaining a woman’s perspective.
- Radiologist Career Profile: As a medical recruiter, Andrea has interviewed and placed hundreds of healthcare professionals including physicians, nurses, medical technologists, and industry executives. Here, she shares information about radiology careers.
- X Ray Technician Blog: This blog was created to post information on radiology education, radiology training, and radiology jobs.
- X-Ray Rocks: Join the adventures of a radiologic technician who left an old job, started a new job, and is now surviving “the cutthroat world of medicine.”
- ADVANCE Outlook: Imaging & Radiation Oncology: This blog provides concise, practical, timely information on clinical, professional, and career development issues for radiology professionals in all areas of the profession.
- Architecture for Radiology: Learn more about radiology facility design from a company that focuses exclusively on this type of construction. They also bring commentary on radiology design and operations, as the one cannot exist without the other.
- Behind the ‘Zine: Although somewhat news-related, this site also focuses on X-Ray tech careers and opinions about ongoing radiologic events.
- Cochinblogs: Grab a glass of juice and take some time to glance through the images provided by this blogger.
- Dalai’s PACS Blog: Learn more about PACS from a radiologist who is obsessed with PACS systems.
- MedGadget: If you like to stay on top of emerging medical technologies, then this site might be up your alley.
- MRI Metal Detector Blog: Tobias Gilk leads readers through posts dedicated to the improved protection of patients, staff and millions of dollars of imaging equipment through greater MRI safety, particularly via the use of specially-developed ferromagnetic detection systems.
- Musculoskeletal and Orthopedic MRI: Two doctors and various MRI technologists share their wisdom through this blog.
- Topics in Radiography: Jeremy offers information on imaging methods and patient care tips for other X-Ray Techs.
- Scan Man’s Notes: Vijay Sadasivam, a radiologist practising in Salem, a city in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu, provides some interesting blog entries, radiology links and a casebook for you to ponder during your time off.
- Sumer’s Radiology Site: Sumer Sethi is the author of very popular handbook “Review of Radiology”for medical students. He also is the creator of the concept of Radiology Grand Rounds.
- The Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Medicine Podcast: Feel free to write or call in your topic of interest for this podcast, and take time to look through previous podcasts and comments.
- The Radiology Assistant: This site consists of an initiative by radiologist The Radiology Assistant is an initiative of the radiologist Robin Smithuis for the Radiology Society of the Netherlands. They provide updated radiological education for radiology residents and radiologists.
- Inflection Technologies: If you’re interested in learning about making PACS an open source project, then visit this blog.
- Alltop Radiology News: Get your headlines here from top radiology magazines and newsletters.
- Diagnostic Imaging: Use this site to learn more about focal points in this field, daily news, special reports and perspectives on the industry.
- SIIM Blog: Get your updates in the field of medical imaging informatics here, including PACS, image acquisition, CAD, processing enhancement, and more.
- Imaging News – CT, MRI, and PET: Read recent news about Cat scans, magnetic resonance imaging and PET scans.
- Medicine and Technology: Gain perspectives into advances in medicine and technology here. This site, created and managed to Dr. Joseph Kim, provides insights into current news as well as Web 2.0 technology.
- Radiology News and Research: The news captured by this blog feed is focused on research and radiology. Learn why taking a break from hormones doesn’t improve mammograms and more.
- Radiology News plus CME: MedPage Today, co-developed by The University of Pennsylvania, offers up radiology news on a regularly updated page.
- Sonography News: Catch up on the latest news in diagnostic medical ultrasound imaging.
Organizations and Community
- Americans For Responsible Imaging: You might be interested in this blog, which represents ARI, Americans for Responsible Imaging. This group is a coalition of doctors and patients trying to “preserve the American Healthcare system.”
- Aunt Minnie: This site supports community, forums, media, and a career center. It’s a very popular site among radiologists, and you may see why when you visit.
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta: Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is a national leader in pediatric radiology, performing more than 225,000 tests a year. Learn from an expert staff skilled in a variety of radiology services, such as MRI, iMRI, CT, fluoroscopy, X-ray, ultrasound, and PET/CT.
- Field of View: Members of the ASRT (The American Society of Radiologic Technologist) Board of Directors share their thoughts and perspectives on issues affecting the radiologic science profession, current news and events, and the life-changing experience of serving the ASRT as an elected volunteer. The ASRT is the world’s largest and oldest membership association for medical imaging technologists.
- Radiology Forums: Learn more about your career and its opportunities here. You’ll also discover topics on furthering your education.
- Radiolopolis: This is another radiology community, where members create an account to gain access to further education, news, case studies, videos, and forums.
- Radiopaedia: Use this wiki to meet other radiologists, to learn more about your profession and to show off your knowledge. Collaboration is key, so networking is a viable sideline at this site.
- radRounds: Connect with radiology news, collaboration, education, and networking at this site. You also can find jobs and resources here.
- The Radiology Portal: This portal was created by CTDave, who is best known for his work at Dave’s Places in Radiology and Radiology Ramblings.
This post was updated on January 5, 2015 to remove websites that no longer exist and to update links that have changed.